Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Accessory rampage!

Southern California was blazing this weekend! So what did I do this weekend while the sun was beaming strong?


I sat in my craft room in my air conditioned house and got creative!


I reconstructed this old tshirt that my boyfriend was going to throw away... but sadly my creation was unsuccessful! (which is why I don't have any pictures of the disaster to post) I'm sure if I tried to tweak it some more it would look pretty descent but there may not be hope for this one. If anything I'll use the fabric to make a necklace of equal cuteness.


Upon finishing my tshirt reconstruction I moved onto simpler tasks! I had about 20 craft headbands sitting in my crafty treasure chest so I created a few fun embellished headbands. Take a look below.


 

I have dozens of zippers that I bought on ebay, at yard sales, and flee markets.
I desperately needed to start using them so I made a trendy headband embellishment out of two zippers.
I can't wait to wear it! This one's for me!

I had this cloth belt that was attached to some slacks my Mommy bought for me from one of our favorite thrift stores. So I cut off the buckle and wrapped it around the craft headband. I added a little flower and a vintage button and voila! It's a very colorful bulky headband. I probably won't wear it but it's a finished piece and that's what counts!

This headband consists of a tull flower that used to be attached to a hair tie. I yanked it off and hot glue gunned it to the silver craft headband. Simple yet romantic and girly!

 

I created this feather hair clip a while ago with my friend Tori. I have yet to sport this little vintage inspired accessory.

That's all for today!
Let me know what you think!

Ta ta for now!

5 comments:

The Sisters 4 say MORE is more said...

SO cute. I love the zipper one!
~ Sister #2

Sue said...

i love the zipper one. i'll have to watch you make a few so i can do it too.

sisters4saymoreismore said...

oh my gosh my sister beat me to it! love all of them, sort of excited about the tulle one cuz i have TONS of tulle and not enough projects that need tulle... you are too cute!

~selina (sis#1)

superh2ogirl said...

Yay! I got comments from 2 out of 4 sisters! ;) Thanks ladies! And thanks Sue Sue!

Kimbo West @ a girl and a glue gun said...

wow...love them alllllllll. so awesome!