Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Workspace organization

My crafting and sewing (sewing mostly) has been put on hold because my workspace/office/dressing room has been in complete shambles!

We have this big room in the house that we probably would have used as the bedroom but because of the old and neglected hardwood flooring and large space we decided to utilize it as our office, my sewing and craft workspace, and my dressing room so I don't have to wake up Carlos every morning with lights and shuffling.

Problem is I'm a messy nesty and it's so hard for me to keep everything organized and in its place for very long.

This weekend I spent most of my time getting my workspace back in order. Below are the before and after photo's. Any organizing tips? Send them my way!


Before:
I've always been a slob but I'm so embarrassed to show these

Let the organizing begin!
Some hanky's and doilies I know I need to utilize now
I have no idea how I accumulated so many paint brushes???
I bundled these up with a hair tie
I am no longer allowed to buy zippers anymore!

After: Lets see how long I can keep this up!


Organized the important sewing stuff in the top drawer and craft supplies and junk in the second drawer.

Organized the paints, that bundle of paint brushes, and the more rugged items in the bottom drawer.


I am so happy with the results. Time to start whipping out some purses and reconstructed clothing now!

Thanks for reading

xoxo

7 comments:

Sarah said...

I wish I had a craft room to get messy. Instead I just scatter my things all over the house while making crafts....my house looks like a craft room. I think I need a serious upgrade.

ash said...

wuah, good job!
hmm.. i should to the same..

b. said...

Ooo, that looks good. I am so messy with my crafts too. O___o

I usually can keep the various bits and pieces in their containers ~ the problem is that I am always working on more than one project at a time! {Sometimes three or four!} And that just equals mess... I need a bigger desk. ><

xox,
b. of Depict This!

superh2ogirl said...

Sarah, my boyfriend would go nuts if all my craft stuff was scattered everywhere. I'm glad I have the space to have my own area. I hope you get yours some day.

B, sometimes the messiest of projects turn out the best!

Nina @ Momma Go Round said...

You are so right! I hate cleaning normally but when I'm in a funk, that helps. You've inspired me to clean up my desk/craft area. It's a total BOMB and I just got the same sewing machine as you and haven't even taken it out of the box cause there's nowhere for it to go.

Thanks for the great advice. I really appreciate it!

Trisha @ 3 Four and Under said...

Great job organizing! I wish I had some of those zippers! Thanks for participating in Follow Me Wednesday! I'm your newest follower!

Trisha @ 3 Four and Under said...

Great job organizing! I wish I had some of those zippers! Thanks for participating in Follow Me Wednesday! I'm your newest follower!