Monday, January 24, 2011

New Fabric Stash Shelf

I had been searching long and hard for a tall slender shelf to store my lovely fabric stash... I thought my search would never end... until...

A goddess from craigslist posted the offer I had been waiting for!

I scored a brand new Ikea bookshelf for half of retail price! Apparently she bought it, put it together and realized it was the wrong size. Since she couldn't return it because she already put it together AND got a little chip in it... she offered it for $30 on craigslist! THIRTY DOLLARS! SCORE!

I wanted it sooo bad that I woke up at 7:00 am just to go and pick it up before she left for work.

I used to store my fabric stash in plastic bins on the side of my sewing table... I kept forgetting what I had available to use so I didn't use it. It was also looking a little cluttered and I need as much organization as possible in this time of my life. (school, work, wedding planning)

So here it is...


Thank you Godess from craigslist!

1 comment:

Disco Lemonade said...

I am using this idea in my sewing room - I have those plastic drawers right now and I ALWAYS forget what I have.... now to find a bookshelf!