Thursday, January 6, 2011

What I wore... to bring in the New Year

I knew that I wanted to do something with this old lady dress I found at my favorite dollar spot...
but I didn't think I would actually follow through on it!

but I did!

I sometimes forget that I have a blog and don't take BEFORE pictures
*Tac that onto my new years resolution list*
I really need to start doing that!
Anyway the dress used to look kinda similar to the dresses below
It was long sleeved with shoulder pads and a big flap in the front

                              Source                                                         Source                                                                               Source


All I did was cut the flap off, cut the sleeves off and cut the neck to my liking.

I re-sewed the seems and took the dress in about 2 inches or more so it would be fitted.

I also took some the scrap fabric and made some cute little flowers to place on my one sleeve.
Kinda gave it a bit of a cha-cha look

Here is the fabulous result!

                                                      Front View                      Back View

And these one's are just for fun!


I'll try and put together a tutorial using another old lady dress!

Stay tuned for my homemade holiday gifts post!

xoxo

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a great idea! I love it! I might actually have to give this a shot one of these days! I think you just found a new follower! Thank you social saturdays!

Family Fashion and Facts said...

Cute stuff! Love your blog! I'm your newest follower from blog hop! Would love to have you follow back!
Have an awesome handmade giveaway going on!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Family-fashion-and-facts/181064051917955

Sandy a la Mode said...

thank you for visiting my blog and entering my giveaway!! :) i love your dress!!

Emily said...

Your dress is adorable, great job!