Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Dress My Soul (3) WORK-in' it!

I'm Work-in it in my work clothes!


Skirt - Thrifted
Sweater - Thrifted
Shoes - Ross
Cami - Ross
Necklace - Forever 21

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
My wardrobe consists of mostly work clothes
I shop for work clothes more than I do weekend clothes
This makes me sad...
 but I am at work 5 days a week, 8 hours a day, 160 hours or more a month...
so it makes sense!

You're going to see a lot of professional looking attire in the Dress My Soul Series
Although I did feature a pretty groovy night-out ensemble recently!

However, I try and mix it up at work regardless

My parents say I've always been pretty eclectic with my outfits.

I WISH I had pictures but visualize these examples...

1.
I'm probably 5 or 6 and we're already late for school.
I run down the stairs with un-brushed hair, shorts, shirt, shoes and
bright red chunky socks!

I must have looked pretty raunchy because my Dad yelled at me to
"go take those ugly socks off"

2.
I lived in these floral MC Hammer pants
LIVED IN THEM

I was devastated when I got a hole in them
My mom tried to sew them but they were NEVER the same again

3.
I also had these silky smooth floral shorts that I was obsessed with
(they were probably pajamas!)
For some reason they made me feel fancy

My cousin and his girlfriend, who owned a limo, were living with us at the time.
His girlfriend took us to school in the limo and I knew I had to wear my BEST outfit
Naturally I picked out my silky smooth floral shorts!

(I think) I walked out of the limo and 
strutted those shorts like it was my first time wearing them!
 
You get the point!
 
What kind of monstrosities do you remember sporting as a kid?

Thanks for reading!
xoxoxo

1 comment:

Tjunkin said...

Love this Nic!! You look like a hottie!!!