Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Dress form mission

I'm on a mission to DIY my own dress form.

I am totally struggling with taking things in and reconstructing without one. I'm finding it hard to reach around to pin those hard to reach places accurately and I'm a lazy crappy measurer. I would steal borrow my Mom's but I really want my own without having to worry about giving it back!

It would also be perfect to have one that is EXACTLY my size. For some reason I've been the same size for a couple years now. For the most part! Knock on woooooood!

I seriously need to find me a local crafting guru. Someone that actually enjoys doing this stuff who will sit and sew with me and share their tips and pointers who will help me with my mission. I wish I was a kid and I can go knock on neighbors doors to see if there are any kids my age I can play with. I think I will just have to force ask one of my friends to help me!

Anywho! I've seen many DIY dress form tutorials out there. So far I'm digging the duck tape/tshirt method.

Such as this Tutorial one from Little Pink Monster. I love the pink tape to show the basic measurements. I'm totally doing that!



Has anyone ever attempted to make their own dress form? If so, which method did you use?

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Stylishly Blissfully Ever After with MiMi said...

good luck, chica!!! Can't wait to see your progress :-)

TanyasTreasureTrove said...

Hi! Following you from a blog hop!:0)
Hope you visit me and return the follow!

bonita said...

~ * ♥ * ~

Maybe you could try this tutorial? http://www.threadbanger.com/tb-projects/episode/THR_20090403 Good luck with it! : )

xox,
bonita of Depict This!
~ * ♥ * ~