Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Dress My Soul (7)

 Back to school for Nicole starts tomorrow!

I LOVE this outfit!
Its my most favorite right now 

  

My cheeks look super chubby in this one! ARGH!


Abercrombie collared shirt - Thrifted
Old Navy Sweater - Thifted
Skinny Dickies pants - ROSS
Crocs - Chic's sporting goods tent sale
Nerd glasses necklace - Forever 21
Betsey Watch - Gifted

 I get all giddy when back-to-school time comes around... only because of back to school shopping! Except... as an adult I don't realllly have to do any back to school shopping if I don't need to... but I really have the urge to!!

We always went back to school shopping. I LOVED it! I loved buying my school clothes in the summer and waiting to wear them ALL the first week of school. Nothing like a nice new crisp t-shirt or sweater!

I liked it more when my Mom bought my clothes for me as a younger child. She picked out the cutest things! When I got older we would get an allowance and just buy what we wanted. I was always so terrible at it! I didn't know how to shop for myself at all! I would pick the wrong things or the wrong sizes or not try something on and never want to wear what I bought. I was pretty sucky at it!

I've gotten much better at it though! I pretty much know what looks good on me and what doesn't look good on me... what will last the longest... what good quality clothing should feel and look like. I know what colors I like and don't like... I know how to shop clearance and sale... and I am a thrift store shopping PRO!

That's all thanks to my Mamasita! I wouldn't know a dang thing about shopping and thrifting if it wasn't for her! Thank you Mommy!

Whether it was this week or last week... I hope everyone's back to school week has been great!

PS... the day I wore this outfit my wonderful Fiancee had dinner ready al fresco for us when I got home! He even put some rosebuds in a little vase for our lovely dinner. Here are the pictures.




Everything was DE-LISC!
Our cold Bud Light Michelada's were good too! Yum Yum!

Meet Virginia Design

4 comments:

Amanda Joy said...

LOVE THE OUTFIT! You look so cute. I really like the cool color palette

Amy said...

You look great! I love those pants... I've been trying to find a skinny pair of khakis for awhile. Gotta love ROSS :)
And I chuckled a little at your fiesta dinner including Bud Light & Clamato... classic.

Stylishly Blissfully Ever After with MiMi said...

Cute outfit and love the dinner :-) table

Ana from Sweet Serendipity said...

How cute are you! Love the cute sweater. Thanks for linking up to thriftaholics weekly! :) Hope to see you there next week!