Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Wedding Wednesday - My furniture finds

Its funny how a couple of the first items I purchase for the wedding are for the dessert table!

I have a huge small sweet tooth! Mostly for candy!
Carlos likes cakes and cookies and stuff like that!


Guess what?

I found my perfect table!

When I began researching these tables I discovered the following:

  • Three tiered round wooden tables are hard to find
  •  Three tiered wooden tables are listed for $150 or more
  • I would have to get really lucky to find one within budget
Well... guess what?

I got lucky!

I was checking craigslist everyday for one...

Someone had one listed for sale on a Friday for $65 but it was in Riverside about 40 miles away. I couldn't make it that evening but luckily she was having a yard sale the next day and told me to come on down before the yard sale and she would hold it. Luckily, I didn't have plans the next morning!! Carlos was busy so my Mommy offered to go with me because she really wanted me to be able to carry out this idea and didn't want me going alone. We left super early to be there at 7:30 am. The table was there in its rustic glory! Beautiful and in impeccable shape! Of course, I bought it from her and because she held it for me, I gave her an extra 10$ bucks!

Here is my beautiful three tiered wooden table
It even has a pie crust edging!!! (my favorite part)



I also found this lovely piece of wonderfulness!
It may seem to be a potted plant holder...
but once I am done with it
Its rightful title on this earth will be a


Candy Jar holder!

Yup yup... you're going to see yummy-licious candies on that thing!

I can't wait!

2 comments:

Amanda Joy said...

these are going to look amazing. I can't wait to see how it all comes together... what an amazing find:)

Stylishly Blissfully Ever After with MiMi said...

you know i'm a fan of candy bars so i'm looking forward to seeing your creations!!