Thursday, December 1, 2011

There she blows!!!

I had quite the experience last night during our little wind storm here in Southern California (shout out to my socal neighbors! Whoot Whoot!)

I heard winds were up to 90 miles per hour. That could just be a rumor... I didn't actually look it up! I'm too lazy.

Maybe my laziness is due to the lack of sleep... We went to sleep at 11:00 pm, woke up at 12:30 pm to the sounds of the raging winds and didn't go back to sleep until around 3:30 (restless sleep though). I don't think Carlos got any sleep at all because he had to wake up to leave for work at 4:30 am.

What a night I tell ya!

And let me not forget to mention that the power is out in our casa. Something I will have to deal with after work, I'm sure. No ETA on when it will be resolved.

Check THIS out!


Lots of fallen trees, ripped billboards, debris-filled freeways and streets, and blocked roads.

A Small tree branch in our front yard

A few GIANT trees knocked down on a street near my job

I apologize if I sound like a spoiled Californian... I realize this is a small mess for us... but considered nothing for anyone else who has suffered from worse natural disasters.

6 comments:

Beverly Houpt said...

Oh my. I live in New Mexico and tonight we were cleaning our old apartment (because we've moved into a new one) and there was this big banner hanging on the balcony. It was coming undone and it ended up smacking the front window and shattering it. Scared the crap outta me. It banged it again and broke it some more. We've had such bad luck with that apartment, I'm glad we're never going back!

Katie @ My Darling Days said...

Yikes, 90 MPH winds? That is crazy!! We had some bad wind storms earlier this fall and our power was out for a solid 26 hours. I thought I was gonna die, lol. It makes you realize everything that you take for granted when the power goes out though, that's for sure!

Recently Roached said...

Oh man! That looks crazy! Oklahoma had a bad storm like that a few months ago. I've never seen so many broken trees!

Ana from Sweet Serendipity said...

We had those crazy winds up here in UT also. Winds were up to 160mph and higher at times. There is so much damage. Luckily no one was hurt, that's a miracle with so much flying junk and falling trees on cars and all!

Come enter my Shabby Apple dress giveaway just in time for holiday parties season!

meijo's JOY said...

Oh dear! That's really very bad - glad to know no one is injured.

I'm hosting the World Creative Blog hop..please come join the party!http://meijosjoy.blogspot.com/2011/11/happy-wednesday.html

Sarah Frills4Thrills said...

Oh my gosh! That sounds so intense! And they must've been at least 90 MPH to have knocked down such big trees! Yikes!