Monday, January 30, 2012

Purpose...

Recently my girlfriends and I got together for a little weeknight girls-night-out. We grabbed a couple drinks and sat by the big fireplace at the Grand California Adventure Hotel. It was a lovely evening of laughter, crap talking, and for some, much needed venting. I loved every minute of it.

To the point... One of the topics of discussion we had was about success. My good friend Jess was having a conversation with a friend of hers who just passed his bar exam and was engaged to be married. Becoming a lawyer was/is one of her dreams but the path she was on led her in a different direction. She is married with two beautiful children. So long story short... her friend thinks she is successful because she has a beautiful family (which is an amazing accomplishment) and Jessica thinks her friend is successful because he's a lawyer and has a good woman on his arms. So everyone has their own idea of what success is.


Source

I think success is definitely what you make of it... and I think it depends on where you're at in your life. To my good friend Katie, anyone who has a pool is successful! To me, success is owning my own business. But... that could always change in 5 years.

So the point of this post is since we were on the subject of success I thought of something else... My purpose.


What is my purpose? Hell if I know!

Source
But now... that's all I can think of... what is my purpose here? I have to have been put here to do amazing things... and I don't think I'm there yet. I know that I'm meant to be someone other than an office slave but either I truly don't know what it is, I'm in denial, or I'm scared shitless to know what my purpose really is. Really Scared Shitless I think. Only God knows but I hope I'm headed in the right direction.

2 comments:

Katie @ My Darling Days said...

Well said Ms. Nicole; I think about this daily! I'm wondering if I'm on the "right" path as well... I wish you could just know. Like God would just send you a little message that says, 'yes... this will all work out in the end.' Ohh, if only it was that easy!

Recently Roached said...

I think family is the means for success. The rest of your life can be a total crapshoot but if you have someone you love, I think life is pretty great :)