Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Wedding Wednesday: Things don't always go as planned...

Lets have a little chat here. A real chat. An honest chat.

Recently we lost our original venue a little less than 3 months from our wedding date. Extremely sad news but the same day we were offered a smaller but beautiful residence to host our wedding.

Truly truly blessed.

That said... I have been struggling with my emotions lately about our loss and our gain. One minute I'm all happy go lucky and so grateful and blessed for what I have and the next minute I'm thinking about all the things that I wanted but can't have anymore. I hate it when I feel that way. I feel like I AM being ungrateful at times because we're not getting married in our dream location.

I keep telling myself and others that all that matters is him and I and all I want to do is get make him my Husband and become his wife. Which is absolutely 100% true. But sometimes I don't even believe myself when I say it.

I know that we are so blessed and there are so many positives about getting married at our current location but I can't seem to shake off the bad feelings and emotions completely.

On a better note...

Everything has been coming along...

Booked our DJ
Found a flower vendor
Went to my first dress fitting
Scheduled my second dress fitting
Started wooden signs
Received our invitations (although they have to be redone now)
And much more!

Anyway August is crunch time. I really want to finish everything before September 1st so I can concentrate on having fun at my bachelorette event, RSVP's, and vendor confirmations and payments.

Also... we're taking a little trip to Florida in August and considering it our pre-wedding honeymoon. Looking forward to that. Actually I want to get a lot accomplished before August 9th.

I leave you with some photo's I pinned recently.


Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Toodles!


4 comments:

Katie @ My Darling Days said...

Aww, sorry things aren't going as planned, but honestly... it WILL work out in the end. Ever hear about unanswered prayers?? Sometimes they're just what you need. Best of luck and think positive girl! AND have fun on vacaaaaaa!!

Nav said...

My hubby and I just got married in Feb and trust me! alot of things changed from as we planned. I am glad you are letting out your feelings though here. TRUST me, things DO have a way or working out.

Good luck!

http://navlandstyle.blogspot.ca/

Sarah Frills4Thrills said...

what a bummer that you lost your venue! i bet that was so stressful til the other one worked out. I think it's totally ok to be a little bummed about losing something you love, and it's not ungrateful at all! but i do know what you mean about the up and down emotional roller coaster... no fun!

annacbie said...

wow you are so cute!

just found your blog and love your aesthetic! and hey i actually just started a new blog. i'd love if you could come check it out and follow, if you like!!

xo,
http://www.annacbie.com

ps: if you do follow, let me know by commenting and leaving your url on my most recent post. then i'll skip right over to follow you back :]