Wednesday, August 1, 2012

5 States in 4 Days (part 3)

Hey readers!

I left off enjoying the evening bonfire at our friends country home...

After discussing our plans the night before, we had decided that we wanted to leave at 8:00 am to do the DC site seeing. I'm a plan-ahead kind of gal so when we discussed this time I figured we might stick to it... not the case. I woke up at 6:45 to take a shower and get ready only to wait around 3 hours for everyone to wake up and get ready. Needless to say I wasn't a happy camper. Maybe I'm a little high strung but when somone says be ready at this time, I'm ready at that time. Anyway... once I got over that dumb shit we were greeted by a lovely breakfast of fresh chicken eggs in toast, unprocessed sausage pattis, and unprocessed bacon. These people are the real deal!

Eggs in toast. I never heard of the concept before. NEVER. I really can't believe I had never been accustomed to eggs in toast.



After breakfast we began our drive to DC and did the tourist thang! The White House, Lincoln Memorial, Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum, and the Korean War Memorial.








We ate hot dogs and giant egg rolls from a cart outside the White House and exhausted ourselves from walking all day.


After DC we headed back to Baltimore, in the worst traffic I have ever experienced, to meet my childhood best friend for dinner. I completely forgot she lived on the East Coast. I called her our first day there and she made arrangements to visit her in-laws in Maryland and meet us up for dinner.

Friends since the 2nd grade!

We dined at this Italian Restaurant that had amazing crab cakes and pasta. After dinner, we made our way to the city and had dessert at an Italian dessert spot. AMAZING and so much fun!

This was AMAZING! My kind of dessert!

Never thought I would have out of state friends. So cool!

Our lovely Hosts

On our way home from the Dessert spot, my girlfriend drove us through the ummm... less impressive part of Baltimore. Many (most) houses were boarded up and I saw at least two police vehicles within a 1 block radius. Needless to say I was a little freaked out that we were touring the area that has the highest murder rate in America.

We called it a night and headed home to rest for our long day at the Preakness the following day.

No comments: