Wednesday, August 15, 2012

West Covina Relay For Life 2012



This year I participated in the West Covina Relay For Life on June 2, 2012.
Our team was called Fighting Familia.

I walked in honor and in memory of my Mother In Law who left us too soon on December 24, 2011. I participated to make a difference in the fight against Cancer.

It was a 24 hour event and the goal is to fundraise and walk the event for 24 hours. Since there were only 7 walkers on our team and we couldn't gather enough participants to walk for us, we did not last the full 24 hours. I'm hoping next year we make a goal to have a representative from our team always walking so we make the 24 hour goal. It can be done because there were a couple teams who accomplished it.

The positive is that raised a total of $2,155.00 as a whole. Not bad for a first year team!

Here are some photo's from the event.

Our Team (missing one)
We got to hold the closing walk sign

Eric, Carlos, and Nicole Walking


Karina, Team Captain Lindsay, and Tori Walking
My Amazing Friend Tori
Our Event Candy Bar Fundraiser


Team Shirts. Some Lost and Some Survivors.

Me and my boo!


No comments: