Wednesday, January 8, 2014

30 before 30 Bucket List


I should have started this list right after I turned 29 or even before then … but regrettably, it didn’t cross my mind until recently. 2014 is going to be a challenging and adventurous year for Carlos and me. Our plan is to travel to Brazil in June to experience the World Cup as we both have been anticipating for four years. Brazil is supposed to be our late honeymoon and the last big trip before we start planning on extending our family. Though, our conceiving time-frame is now TBD per our most recent conversation (sorry Mom!). In addition to Brazil plans, I am still taking evening courses at school to graduate with my Associates Degree in Business Management by 2015. We will fly out to Brazil the day after my last final of Spring Semester!!! (Crazy, I know) Needless to say, I will be a busy bee. Keeping busy will only help us save more money for this trip! It’s a great thing. Additionally, as most people have experienced, things don’t always turn out as planned and there could be a major employment change for me the first quarter of 2014. However, I’m on a mission to stay positive along the way.

So since this is the year I am going out of the country for the first time (Mexico doesn’t count, it’s too close to home) I decided to challenge myself a bit more and do an ever-so-popular 30 before 30 bucket list. Though, because of Brazil, I won’t have much financial wiggle room for adventures such as skydiving, hot air balloon rides, and other trips (which is why those are not on my list), I think most of these goals are within reach. Join me on my Journey and be sure to come back and visit for the 30 before 30 updates. I pray that I don’t flake on this list! Encouragement is welcome! I HAVE to do this for myself.


30 before 30 Bucket List (in no particular order & subject to change)

 

  1. Visit Brazil
  2. Learn and dance Samba - coincides with Brazil
  3. Travel out of the country (filler)
  4. Get a tattoo
  5. Get a Brazilian Bikini Wax – Boom for some Sexiness in my pants!
  6. Learn a song on the Guitar - tasking myself to learn “Lucky” (Mraz & Callet) and “You and I” (Michaelson) I am learning both songs to sing with my classmate so I would like to eventually know how to play it on the guitar. Definitely challenging myself! Coming out of my shell people! (1/8/14)
  7. Write a song
  8. Record a song
  9. Post a YouTube video of me singing
  10. Stay out until 5 am - PST or Brazilian time (I am often times incapable of staying awake past 2 am)
  11. Get rid of some of my craft stash - a craft stash is all the hoarding of craft supplies one crafter might be storing.
  12. Learn to make champurrado - one of my FAVS
  13. Learn to make tamales - Any kind: Guatemalan, Cuban, Mexican, etc.
  14. Learn to make Pozole - any volunteers to teach me?
  15. Pay it Forward - Pay for someone’s Starbucks in the drive-through behind me, etc.
  16. Sew a skirt and a dress – probably using a pattern
  17. Cut my hair short again - the cut may come sooner than later. Tired of this “longness!”
  18. Ride a horse - surprisingly, I’ve never done this (that I am aware of)
  19. Attend a professional football game (Even if it’s in nose bleed)
  20. Go on a spontaneous outing with my hubby
  21. Run/jog 1, 2, and 3 miles without stopping
  22. Post 30 blog posts or more on the blog
  23. Call my friends at least once or twice a month - or more if reciprocated - Calls made: 1/6/14
  24. Volunteer – thinking of the Do Good Bus or other local community volunteerism
  25. Greet at least 1 stranger a day or week (Hello, good morning, good evening, etc) - this one is going to be tough for me.Greetings: 1/8/13 - Introduced myself to one of my new classmates
  26. Learn self defense techniques - I’m thinking a self defense meet-up to save money
  27. Learn to French braid and learn to French braid my own hair
  28.  Take the train and spend a day in LA with my Mommy and Sisters - Girls day out!
  29.  Take my husband to dinner - Girls can be “romantical” too!
  30. Treat myself to a day of pampering - Hair, nails, the works! I don’t do this enough.

    No comments: