Friday, January 24, 2014

Handmade Christmas Gifts 2013

I love the Holidays and gift giving; Especially handmade gifts. It was nice to get a little crafty for the Holidays; though I wish I would have made more time to create more masterpieces. There are a lot of sharpie mug tutorials floating around on Pinterest and craft websites. I found inspiration from many blogs and websites and decided to be economic about some Christmas gifts this year. Check them out!

All of the mugs are from the dollar tree! Can't go wrong with a mug for $1! I designed all of them with regular black and gold Sharpie brand permanent markers and also touched up with Gold Sharpie paint pens. The Sharpie paint pens are IDEAL for this project. I highly recommend them.

I baked them for 30 min at 350 degrees F. I did not preheat the oven before baking. I put them in the oven, started the 350 and left them in there until they cooled completely once I turned the oven off.

I didn't make one for myself so I don't know how long the Sharpie lasts when hand-washed. I suppose they will last a while if you're gentle when washing them.

I also put together a little treat bag to fill the mugs that included a small 1.76 oz coffee bag from Fresh and Easy and a few chocolates.

Mug 1- Top Left/Top Right: Better Latte Than Never/Stay Grounded
Mug 2 - Bottom Left/Bottom Right: Have a Nice Day/ Start Each Day Laughing

Mug 3: Top Left/Top Right: Coffee Keeps me Grounded until it's time for Wine
Mug 4: Gold is Best

Mug 5 - Top Left/Top Right: Caffeine, It maintains my sunny personality
Mug 6 - Bottom Left/Bottom Right: Audrey Hepburn Quote


Mug 7 - Bottom Left - Better Latte Than Never
Mug 8 - Bottom Right: Keep Calm and Craft On


Until Next time! Craft your Heart, Craft your Soul!

1 comment:

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

These are so cute and extra special since they're handmade!