Friday, May 9, 2014

Update: 30 Before 30 Bucket List


I've only slightly chipped away at this list but here is the latest update! The main point of this update is to share my YouTube video of me sangin' the US National Anthem. Hope you all enjoy! xoxo



Check out the video here! More to come, I'm hoping.

Visit Brazil - Flights have been booked! Brazil here I come! I will cross it off when it actually happens.
  1. Learn and dance Samba - coincides with Brazil
  2. Travel out of the country (filler) - Brazil here I come!
  3. Get a tattoo
  4. Get a Brazilian Bikini Wax – Boom for some Sexiness in my pants! - Done and Done and I LOVE IT!
  5. Learn a song on the Guitar - tasking myself to learn “Lucky” (Mraz & Callet) and “You and I” (Michaelson) I am learning both songs to sing with my classmate so I would like to eventually know how to play it on the guitar. Definitely challenging myself! Coming out of my shell people! (1/8/14)
  6. Write a song
  7. Record a song
  8. Post a YouTube video of me singing I sang the National Anthem for West Covina Nationals Little League and posted my very first YouTube video. More to come! Check out the video!
  9. Stay out until 5 am - PST or Brazilian time (I am often times incapable of staying awake past 2 am) - Sooo… I’m crossing this off of my list because recently I had the opportunity to massage at a local Half Marathon event, Tinker Bell ½ Marathon in Anaheim. The night before I had an engagement party to attend. So on February ___ I woke up in the morning, went to the engagement, left the engagement part at 1:30 am and had to be awake at 3:00 am to be in Anaheim at 4:00 am. I tried to get that 1.5 hours of sleep but was not successful. So I was awake about 30 hours between Saturday and Sunday! Whoa! What a day it was! I was very proud of myself for not grabbing a blanket and snoozing on my massage table that day.
  10. Get rid of some of my craft stash - a craft stash is all the hoarding of craft supplies one crafter might be storing.
  11. Learn to make champurrado - one of my FAVS
  12. Learn to make tamales - Any kind: Guatemalan, Cuban, Mexican, etc.  My Sister, Bestie(s), and I made 80+ Guatemalan tamales. They were sooo yummy. We used my Sister’s Mother-In-Law’s recipe. I’m a little burned out on them now but they were so good!
  13. Learn to make Pozole - any volunteers to teach me?
  14. Pay it Forward - Pay for someone’s Starbucks in the drive-through behind me, etc.
  15. Sew a skirt and a dress – probably using a pattern
  16. Cut my hair short again - the cut may come sooner than later. Tired of this “longness!” - I will get there soon but I'm loving my medium/long length right now and I just dyed it copper. Loving the copper (photo above)
  17. Ride a horse - surprisingly, I’ve never done this (that I am aware of)
  18. Attend a professional football game (Even if it’s in nose bleed)
  19. Go on a spontaneous outing with my hubby
  20. Run/jog 1, 2, and 3 miles without stopping
  21. Post 30 blog posts or more on the blog
  22. Call my friends at least once or twice a month - or more if reciprocated - Calls made: 1/6/14- I have been lagging on this one.
  23. Volunteer – thinking of the Do Good Bus or other local community volunteerism - Volunteer Hours: Massage Event, Tinker Bella ½ Marathon. Massaged all of the runners and walkers. Super great experience and it was great to use my magic massage hands again.
  24. Greet at least 1 stranger a day or week (Hello, good morning, good evening, etc) - this one is going to be tough for me.Greetings: 1/8/13 - Introduced myself to one of my new classmates. Too many to count now! I’m on a roll!
  25. Learn self defense techniques - I’m thinking a self defense meet-up to save money
  26. Learn to French braid and learn to French braid my own hair
  27. Take the train and spend a day in LA with my Mommy and Sisters - Girls day out!
  28. Take my husband to dinner - Girls can be “romantical” too!
  29. Treat myself to a day of pampering - Hair, nails, the works! I don’t do this enough.

No comments: