Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Life Lately (2) - Brazil Bound

Hello stranger *said in a sultry voice*

Life has been interesting, to say the least. Since I last posted, I have been working on my 30 before 30 bucket list, preparing to get laid off (don't worry, it was expected), and preparing for our trip to beautiful Brazil. Well folks, Brazil is here and I'm on a flight to attend the Copa Mundo tomorrow morning! I am pretty darn excited and nervous! I've never traveled overseas and the furthest I have traveled out of the Country is Mexico. Mexico is my neighbor, it doesn't count. My bag was packed 2 days ago, I'm not stressing, and I have time to sit in front of my laptop and update my blog.

Copa Mundo Attire-Ready!

In previously mentioned news, I got laid off from my job. Our entire line of business did and it was expected so I'm okay. I've been enjoying my time off prepping for my trip, starting my days with Bikram Yoga almost every morning (which is not something I could do before), and focusing on finishing up spring semester at school. I know that I will find the right place for me when I return from Brazil. New adventures await and I'm really looking forward to them. Nothing but positive thoughts from this gal! This also gives me a great opportunity to attend summer semester full time and be on track to graduate June 2015 with my Associates Degree in Business Management. Then... maybe babies. Don't hold your breath though!

The Last of the Mojicans
What I'm going to miss most about not working at my previous employer is the wonderful friends I made who managed to wiggle their way into my heart and working with my Mom and Sister. I've worked with my sister since her and I worked at ROSS together back in 2002. After four years there, we both transitioned to this company. Over 12 years! Additionally, Mom was the one who helped get us in the door. It just so happens that Mom and I were working in the same department together. As much as I will miss seeing both of their faces everyday, again, I'm looking forward to what God has planned for us next.

Sissy And I
Mommy and I 
Jeff and I
Paula and I


I hope to post all about our trip to Brazil when I return. Until then, xoxo.


1 comment:

Tanya said...

That is amazing. Enjoy your holiday. I am so excited to hear all about it when you get back.

the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk