Thursday, October 23, 2014

Thrifty Thursday - Sequin Tribal Skirt

We recently celebrated the Love of my Life's 32nd Birthday and it was the perfect opportunity to wear my latest Vinted purchase. I like to think of Vinted as an online thrift store. Unlike many traditional thrift stores, Vinted ranges from high-end new items to low-end used items. Onto the skirt...

I had my eye on a sequin tribal skirt from Francesca's Boutique before our Brazil Adventure but it wasn't something that I could justify with all of the travel shopping (and saving) I needed to focus on. So I passed on the skirt. Recently I was browsing Vinted and discovered a beautiful sequin tribal mini skirt. After much thought, I purchased this unused beauty for $17, which is a steal compared to retail prices right now.


Although I was now the proud owner of such a lovely statement piece, I didn't know where I would flaunt it. Eureka struck me and I decided to wear it to my Hubby's Birthday. It was a casual affair but I "dumbed" it down a bit with my thrifted jean jacket and Doc Marten's Mary Janes. Here is the full outfit (minus the shoes. See the shoes in this post). Gosh I love thrifting. 

Skirt - Vinted $17
Jacket - Goodwill $3
Mint Shirt - Ross $6
Necklace - TJ Max $12
*note: my hair looks jacked up in this photo

 In a nutshell, I LOVE this outfit!

No comments: